Denture Services in Augusta, Madison & Winslow, ME
There has truly never been a better time to get the smile you have always dreamed of than with dentures! Dentures are prosthetic teeth that are perfectly constructed to replace any missing teeth you may have. Dentures are supported by the surrounding soft and hard tissues of your mouth, allowing a comfortable fit. Gentle Family Dentistry is proud to be a top-of-the-line denture provider, as we truly believe that this service gives our patients a beautiful new start to there smile!
If you are interested in getting dentures or have questions about the process and what it entails, please give us a call today at one of our offices located in Winslow, August, or Madison, ME!
What to Expect When Getting Dentures
- Schedule A Denture Consultation: The first step to replacing your smile with dentures is by scheduling your risk-free consultation. Our team here at Gentle Family Dentistry (Augusta, Winslow & Madison) provide completely free consultations for all denture related procedures. During this examination, we will search for any signs of infection, tooth decay, and search for any other teeth that may need removal prior to placing the dentures in your mouth.
- Craft The Dentures: After your consultation the dentist will have enough information and background on your oral health to begin making your dentures. This processes includes taking a mold of the teeth and measurements to ensure that the dentures fit perfectly in your mouth, aligning with your gums and remaining teeth. Once these materials are collected they are sent to a lab to begin crafting the dentures!
- Fitting: Once we complete the dentures we will give you a call to alert you that your new smile has arrived! You will then come in for a fitting to ensure that the dentures fit as they should. Our dental team will make sure that you can use the dentures without pain or any issue.
- Adjustments: If necessary, adjustments will be made.
- Adapt: There will not be any pain while wearing your denture but it may take time to adapt to them. This includes eating, speaking and drinking. However, once you get used to them, you will have the same control as with regular teeth.
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Denture Services in Augusta, Madison & Winslow, ME
A: Dentures generally last between 5 and 7 years. Just like natural teeth, dentures wear down and stained time goes by. Your mouth is also constantly changing. To make sure your dentures fit properly, they will need adjustments from time to time. We suggest coming in to see us yearly for a denture check-up. You should always notify your dentist at the first sign of irritation, no matter how minor it may seem, your health and comfort are important.
A: Our wonderful staff will work with you to see if your insurance company will cover the dentures. If for any reason it’s not covered, we will let you know and will work with you to develop a financial plan if needed. Our patients often tell us that it’s completely worth the investment of their time and money to repair their smile with dentures.
A: Dentures support facial muscles and structures, and decrease oral bone loss. Replacing missing teeth can significantly help improve your appearance, oral health and your speech.
A: Everyone that is missing teeth to a varying degree should wear a denture. Complete dentures are for people who are edentulous (i.e.. Have no natural teeth remaining) and partial dentures are for those who still have some natural teeth remaining. A partial denture is important to prevent the remaining natural teeth from shifting, which will occur if the empty spaces are not filled in. Dentures improve chewing and speech, as well as provide facial support which will dramatically improve your appearance and smile.
Q: Pleas ask our office about financing options or payment plans.
A: Of course not. The consultation is completely free of charge. We are limited in how many consultations we can schedule during any given period – so make sure to schedule yours as soon as possible.
Why Choose Gentle Family Dentistry?
Over 300 Verified 5-star Reviews on Google
Book A Denture Consultation in Winslow, Madison, or Augusta, ME Today!
If you are interested in dentures or are in need of a family dentist offering checkups for pediatric patients all the way to adults, contact Gentle Family Dentistry at one of our three offices in Winslow, Augusta, and Madison today! We would be thrilled to discuss treatment options, treatment plans and financials with you!